Friday, April 11, 2014

M-O-M Taxi at your service

My preschooler gets in the car after 2-1/2 hours at school and asks, "Where are we going now?"

I look around to see who he's talking to, and realize it's me. When did this car become a taxi-cab? 

I know, I'm just like every other mom complaining about being chauffeurs to their kids, but I feel like a cabbie. A chauffeur gets to wear a hat and the passengers are drinking champagne in the backseat. A cabbie, on the other hand, can't wait to close the bullet-proof partition.

In the Flinstone car, not mine.
Is a SAHM-life a life of carting kids to & fro? Was that in the fine print at the bottom that I ignored forgot to read? 

Despite having small kids (as in, my daughter is still a toddler and doesn't do anything) , I still haul buns around town with a son who goes to preschool 4 mornings a week for a mere 2-1/2 hours. I am spending way too much time in my car and I'm getting "bucket-seat ass"  -- a very close but less glamorous cousin to the famed "secretary butt." I can't even imagine what life will be like when I have to haul both of them to school (because we live 1/4mile away from the bus zone).

Ahhh sleeping kids in the car
I turn around and look my angel in the face and answer, "We're going home." 

Caligula emerges and screams "I don't want to go home!!!" and wakes up his sleeping sister who then starts to wail and now M-O-M Taxi  -- who right now would love to slam the plastic partition and crank up WXRT -- has to haul home 2 screaming passengers.

And they don't even tip me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment