Saturday, April 19, 2014

Failed pizza dough is fun

A few weeks ago, we wanted to make pizza and as I had made pizza dough in the past to raved reviews I dug out the very old yeast packet out of the pantry and went straight to work.


Two hours later, the dough looked exactly how it did when I threw it in the bowl with a thud. It hadn't risen and gotten all pouffy and yeasty and pizza-dough like.


Mad as shit -- but not as mad as my husband who had to drive to three stores to find Boboli -- I threw it on the table (another thud) and told the kids to have fun, which they did with all their play dough accoutrements (or just pounding it with their fists like my son in the photo above). 


"Mom, what is this?!?" My son asked excitedly. 
"It's dinner." I replied.

One of these days these kids will get sarcasm better than Colbert.

No comments:

Post a Comment