Saturday, February 15, 2014

Crafty, or not

Is there such a thing as the "brown-thumb" crafter? Because that's me.

Brown-thumbers want to garden and they just end up killing their plants. Maybe it was neglect, or maybe they just stink. That's how I feel about crafting. I want to craft, I envy cute decorations and a closet full of crafting supplies. But honestly, I just stink at it!

I never really cared about being crafty, but then 2 things happened: 
1) I had kids
2) I discovered Pinterest. 

If you're handy with a pipe cleaner and tissue paper you go ape-shit over Pinterest. If you're a brown thumb crafter like me, then you still go ape-shit but you end up with just the shit.

Here's my daughter with our Pinterest Puppet.
This is what happens when mom has a bunch of lonely socks looking for mates for months and access to Pinterest.

Sock Puppets! "How fun!" says sucky craft mom. "Let's make puppets!" The kids get excited and mom searches for her craft supplies in a dusty cabinet (because I'm too lazy to have planned this ahead of time and buy what I need).

Lazy mom digs in an old cross stitch box abandoned 20 years ago but still kept around in case the bug bites again (it hasn't) and what do I find? Googly eyes! I hot-glue them on and then realize that I have nothing else to add to this puppet, so I stick it in on little Bear's hand and calls it a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment