Sunday, February 9, 2014

I have to clean my house now.

I just terminated the contract with the cleaning service.

Before you start calling me a bragplainer -- those people who like to complain about something but only for the reason of letting everyone know how damn lucky you are -- let me explain.

When my daughter was born, my son was 23 months and all I did for hours on end was nurse her and read him stories (or chase him around the house, or wrestle to change his diaper, or turn on the TV and pass out on the couch from sleep deprivation.) So when my husband uttered the sweetest words in history "Hire a cleaning crew, it'll be temporary" I did just that.  I just didn't actually hear the "temporary" bit because here we are 19 months later still shelling out dough for a house cleaning that will last um... about 20 minutes if I'm lucky. The last time the house was cleaned, my son managed to spill his entire lunch on the floor before the crew even left the house

Enter the Cleaning Schedule
Oh what would I do without Pinterest to tell me that all good little housewives like myself have cleaning schedules to stay on top of the piles of crap that form overnight.  Oh ... Are we not saying the term "housewives" anymore? Because the term I'd really like to use in this instance is "unpaid maid."  So I took some time out of my busy schedule of disciplining kids, changing my daughters fourth poop of the day, and trying to make a meal out of 3 ingredients (one of which are maraschino cherries) to create the bad-ass Cleaning Schedule that is on my fridge and of which I ignore on a daily basis.


Lord knows that's why I love "catch up day" that ironically falls on a Saturday when my husband is home.

No comments:

Post a Comment