Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Mars & Venus packing on vacation

We're leaving for vacation and packing for any vacation is always a nice reminder that the inequities between man and "wo"-man (as my sexist 7th grade social studies teacher always liked to phrase it) still live on.

I pack clothes for me & 2 kids. I go through all their summer clothes and force them to try it all on to see what fits. Then I make a checklist of what I'll bring for them and check it off the list as it goes in the suitcase taking approx. 3/4 of it.

My husband picks out his own clothes and puts them in the 1/4 space left for him the night before. Voila.
Everyone only gets 1/4 space for their stuff. Use it wisely.

I have what goes in the carry-on out and ready to go, along with mine and the kids clothes to wear on the plane so the morning of we can get ready and go.

My husband probably thinks I overthink everything and why can't I be that crazy hippie chick he met 13 years ago?
My infamous checklist.

I tear apart the bathroom packing up make up, bug spray, sunscreen for us & the kids, setting out everything so we can use what we need the next morning and then pack that up.

My husband is asleep.

If I dare complain, my mom & grandmother would more than likely say "we used to pack for our husbands too! At least you don't have to do that!"

Of course my point being in that 50 years man is now capable of packing for himself but it hasn't gone any further than that.

Evolution is still working on that prototype. 

No comments:

Post a Comment